As the holiday season descends upon us like a soft snowfall, there’s an undeniable magic in the air – the kind that makes us yearn for warmth, comfort, and the joy of shared moments around a table laden with festive delights (something just like this easy holiday appetizer). We truly believe so much of our lives (and brand) are centered around home and all that encompasses. Holiday traditions fit quite seamlessly into that. Picture this: a wheel of creamy brie, topped with your favorite fruit and nuts, emerges from the oven, making your mouth immediately water at the sight of it. It’s a dish that brings people together around your kitchen island, all digging into this easy holiday appetizer together. It reminds us of home.
We invite you to join in on our easy holiday appetizer recipe this year in your home.
So, grab a seat by the fire, pour yourself a glass of your favorite holiday libation, and let’s dive into the recipe of our beloved baked brie – a holiday tradition that adds a touch of elegance and a whole lot of flavor to our cherished gatherings.
- 1/2 cup chopped apple, pear or fig
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 8oz round of Brie cheese
- French bread or crackers for dipping
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Chop your choice of fruits into small pieces and combine them with nuts, dried berries, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Drizzle the melted butter over the mixture and give it a good stir until it’s nicely blended.
- Horizontally cut the Brie in half. Place one half, rind side down, in an oven-proof dish. Spread half of the fruit-nut blend over the cheese. Top it with the other Brie half, rind side up, and generously spoon the remaining fruit-nut mix over it.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese turns soft and melty. Serve with toasted bread or your preferred choice of crackers. Enjoy each delicious bite!
Let us know if you enjoyed this by tagging us in your easy holiday appetizer photos on Instagram (@mcinturffandco). Enjoy your home and the memories happening within it this holiday season.